Monday, February 25, 2008

Not-so-paranoid android

Yes that's right I'm actually in a good mood, which makes it difficult to say something with biting cynicism. Damn me and my good moods, I'm sure the 2 people reading this will be horrified.

I have just come to the realisation that writing an online blog must be the product of some narcissistic urge within; I mean why on earth would one think your archetypal humanoid would want to read one's thoughts on life unless one thought they held some rather insightful information? The elite guiding the masses on matters of life.
Alright! My realisation might have been that I actually think this about myself, but it's still a valid point.

My other point is that Thom Yorke is amazing. Fact. I mean it's universal law. There is a song on his album called 'The Clock', and it's just the oddest song, but it's quite beautiful. Therein lies his genius (and the rest of Radiohead's genius); turning the odd into the beautiful. That's no mean feat, considering most odd people you meet are just odd.
Unfortunately I would describe myself as odd most of the time - I exist in a dichotomy of conflicting thoughts and emotions; one half is arrogant, thinks the average joe public is an idiot and generally has a misanthropic view of the world. And the other half...hmm...I'm actually not sure about that anymore!

No comments: